Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Domestication and Work: The Elements of Control

Here is another video I made, same as first, actually made the same day. No script, so the talk may stray a bit, but again, for this format, I feel that fluidity is important. The lack of critique, or even understanding, of what domestication is, creates a gap in understanding of our predicament. We must be willing to dismantle all constructs of control, to, at the very least, understand their effects on us. Domestication is not merely the control of plant life called "crops", or animal life, called stock. It reaches into the way we, as animals, control one another and ourselves, to be fitted into a tightly confined box of thought and imagination. The work of great thinkers such as Waziyatawin shows us that the effects of Colonization kill not only the spirit and the people, but the imagination. What world have created where even the anarchists cannot imagine a different history? I will be addressing this topic further as well, when I start to elucidate my studies into ancient origins and the stories that drive us. Daniel Quinn has touched on this in some ways, but I see something lacking in his critique as well. Of course, many will laugh off my premise as "anarcho-purism" or "Utopic". I see nothing Utopic about primitive life-ways, rather an opportunity for experience that has been stripped from us in this global one-world culture that civilization is creating. At any rate, here is the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment